Well I made one tonight and it was fantabulous which is Brock speak for “goddamn thats a good sandwich.
Fist I made a loaf of bread. You don’t have to make your own bread, but I did. Its too damn easy if you have a bread machine. Fresh homemade bread makes the house smell nice, and I was a little gassy today.
Then I made some tomato sauce. You don’t have to make your own tomato sauce, but I did. Its super easy. Just sauté an onion some bell pepper a little garlic. Then add a few good tablespoons of tomato paste, some chicken stock and simmer. Salt and pepper to taste, and boom you have a basic tomato sauce.
I also grew some fresh basil. You don’t have to grown your very own basil but I did. Herbs are easy to grow.
I did not make my own mozzarella cheese because I have not ordered any rennet tablets yet, but soon I’ll make my own cheese too. So do Like I did and go to the store and buy some mozzarella cheese. I pretty much have some on hand at all times. If cheese was like a person, I’d think of mozzarella as fresh little brand new babies or brand new puppies. Clean, mild, and milky.
If you have a panini maker you’re pretty much all set. Just assemble the sandwich with the listed ingredients and place in a heated panini maker. A few minutes later you’re all done. Slice and eat.
- Crusty White Bread
- Tomato Sauce (fresh or from a jar)
- Roasted Chicken
- Fresh Basil
- Mozzarella cheese grated
- Heat Panini press to medium high heat
- Place slice of bread on Panini grill
- Place Chicken on bread slice
- Spoon tomato sauce on top of Chicken
- Place a few fresh Basil leaves over Tomato sauce
- Mound about ¼ cup of grated Mozzarella cheese over Basil and Tomato sauce
- Place second slice of bread on top of Mozzarella
- Close Panini grill and bake for about 5-7 minutes