Recipe by Lauren Weisenthal via Serious Eats.
- 9 ounces of Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
- 10 ounces of heavy cream divided in half
- 8 ounces of cream cheese room temperature
- 4 ounces of confectioners sugar sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 12 ounces of creamy peanut butter
- 5 ounces of dark chocolate chopped fine
- Crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor to fine crumbs. With processor running pour in melted butter until crumbs are evenly coated. Pour mixture into a pie plate and press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides as evenly as possible. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to set up.
- Whip 5 ounces of the heavy cream to soft peaks and set aside in fridge.In bowl of stand mixer whip room temperature cream cheese, confectioners sugar and salt together. Add peanut butter and continue to whip until well incorporated. Last add the previously whipped cream into the cheese/sugar/peanut butter mixture and whip together until smooth and even consistency. Pour peanut butter mixture into chilled Oreo pie shell and smooth evenly with spatula. Return pie to refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining 5 ounces of heavy cream until just before boiling. Pour heated cream over finely chopped 5 ounces of chocolate. Let sit for 2 minutes. Stir cream and chocolate together until smooth and silky. Pour chocolate mixture over chilled pie and smooth with spatula. Chill pie until chocolate sets 10+ minutes.