Pecan Pie is easy to make and is as American and holiday as a bunch of sugar high kids screaming about Santa Clause and tearing ass into presents while parents get drunk on Egg Nog.
In the past I have given a dough recipe for savory pies, but this is the standard dough recipe I use for sweet pies. Its a little different in the fact that I use only butter, and add some sugar. The premiss is still the same and its easy to make. Pie dough can also be made ahead of time or frozen for later use. No reason to not keep some on hand.
A standard and easy to make pie dough for sweet pies such as pumpkin, pecan, sweet potato pies.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1-1/4 cup of All Purpose Flower
- ⅓ cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 pinch of Table Salt
- 8 tablespoons of cold Unsalted Butter (cubed)
- 2-4 tablespoons ice cold Water
- Place Flour, Sugar and Salt into a bowl and whisk to combine
- Cut cold butter into Flour mixture with hands or pastry cutter until resembles course meal
- Slowly add cold water tablespoon at a time and mix to combine
- Form into round disk
- Wrap in plastic saran type wrap.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes
After a 30 minuted rest in refrigerator roll dough out on floured surface. Makes one 9inch bottom pie crust. Double recipe for a top pie crust.
Once you have made your pie dough and allowed it to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes, you can take it out and roll the dough out on a floured surface to about the size of your pie pan. This pie dough recipe makes enough dough for a single bottom crust for a 9 inch pie. If you’re going to use this dough for say an apple, cherry, or peach pie you will need to double the recipe for the additional top crust.
A great pecan pie for the holidays or any time of year. Who said pie isn't good all year? No one! Ever!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 room temperature Eggs
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup of melted regular Butter
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/4 cup of white corn syrup (Karo)
- 2 cups of Pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare one basic sweet Pie Dough recipe
- In a bowl whisk together Eggs, Sugar, Flour, Butter, Vanilla, and Corn Syrup until well combined
- Add Pecan halves to Egg and Sugar mixture and stir gently to combine
- Pour Pecan mixture into prepared unbaked pie dough
- Cook for an 1 hour and 20 minuted until center is set
- Completely cool to room temp and refrigerate
If you like pie, and you like pecans, then you should try making this pie. If you don’t like pie, well then throw yourself in front of a moving bus. The world has no use for you.